Re: <E28> Resetting radio code

Dave,

Normally, the code is five digits, not four.

I can't speak specifically for the radio that you have, but all of my BMW
radios with the security code merely required me to enter the code using the
preset buttons.  No additional sequence was needed prior to pushing the
buttons.

So, if your code is 32543, simply press the '3', '2', '5', '4', '3' preset
buttons.  If you enter the correct code, the radio will beep. You don't even
need to turn the radio on prior to entering the code.

If you enter a wrong digit, for example, on the second digit, enter three
more digits (right or wrong) to complete the entry sequence for that
attempt.  Then, try again, and enter the correct number.

If you incorrectly enter the code three times, the radio will lock you out
for awhile, so take your time!

- -rb