BMW Business Stereo

Hi,

Wonder if someone may be able to help.   I have a 99 318IS Euro, fitted
with the BMW Business head unit.    Recently when the stereo is turned on
either by the ignition or on/off switch the eject mechanism makes a strange
loud clicking noise for a couple of seconds.   If I have a tape in the unit
then it's OK but as I don't often use tapes these days it's a bit of a
pain.   Has anyone had similar problems or know why this is.   I don't
really want to take it back to the dealer although it would be a warranty
job.

I was also thinking that this may be a good time to upgrade the head unit
but am I able to do this with the standard BMW 6 disk CD changer.   i.e.
what heads would be compatible???

Thanks in advance

Matt Baker
89 320ISE