Re: Dust Shields - recommended???

I personally would not reccomend dust shields, the danger of overheating
brakes is not worth the convience in my eyes. and if you have ever been to a
track event you realize how easy it is to overheat, even good brakes.

I have found that some of the spray-on cleaners on the market work well.

I also Wax my wheels with a good carnuba wax, this prevents most of the dust
from sticking.

Also modern factory BMW brake pads (Pagid I beleive) are horrendus for
dusting, when you change pads (to another type) you should get a good bit
less dust

all these used together make the task bearable, I personally also use
rounded 5 spoke wheels for my race tires so the dust is easy to clean off.

as allways YMMV
good luck
Jeff Lloyd