RE: Dust Shields - recommended???

Unlike Jeff, I have had great luck with Dust Shields and highly recommend
them.  I ordered mine from BMP late last summer for my '91 ///M3 and left
them on until the first driving event of the year in my area.  I did not
experience any rotor warpage, but mind you, I did not attempt to leave them
on while any sort of driving event.

Now that I have taken them off, I can not believe the amount of break dust
that my pads generate and the frequency with which I now must wash the rims.

You must keep in mind though that my recommendation of the Dust Shields
(Kleen Wheels were the brand I got from BMP) is dependent on your driving
style.  If you mostly drive your car in the city in relaxed driving and are
not overly aggressive with the breaks, then they are a great solution to
your break dust problem.  If, however, you feel you are Mario
Andretti/Michael Schumacher incarnate, then Dust Shields are not items you
should put on your car.  Just learn to clean often.

Alex