re: <E34> Blown Head Gasket - supplier to avoid

>>  Can anybody recommend a good rebuilt head supplier?

>> Thank you,
>> Mark Nelson

Mark:

I waited to reply to see if Bavarian Engine Exchange/Bavarian Auto
Recycling would come through for me.  They did NOT.  I was going to give
them the benefit of the doubt that mistakes happen, but they screwed up
twice.  From my perspective, they don't seem to have their act together for
customer service or product quality.

My mechanic ordered a port 'n polished head from them for my car.  The head
comes assembled with all valves, rocker arms, performance camshaft, etc.
Out of the box, my mechanic noticed that the end of the cam was cracked.
He called them, ordered another one, and was told it would be prepped and
shipped next day.  After a few days, my mechanic started to get the daily
"you'll have it tomorrow" story.

After a week of this, I called Bavarian.  I explained that I absolutely
needed my car for the Labor Day weekend. The sales guy promised that he'd
ship it overnight and get it to my mechanic Thursday.  He kept his promise,
but the second head was MISSING TWO ECCENTRICS.  (Kinda important.)

Needless to say, I won't have my car this weekend (no eccentrics to be had
in Virginia) and I'll be staying home instead of visiting friends.

 I wish I could recommend someone else for you, but that's who I tried.

Ted Staib
Fairfax, Va
'91 325i ("I'll have it tomorrow")

computer.