RE: Marbles in the transmission

True, but the throwout bearing is a replaced item with clutch jobs and
generally lasts long enough.  Clutch in lets the trans pilot and shaft
bearings (more of a teardown item) get a break, though the percentage of
nonrotation probably amounts to less than 1%.  But you can be in gear ready
for evasive action when that airheaded driver coming up realizes that he
can't stop before the middle of the intersection and you're in his path. ;-)

Gary Lin   National Capital Ch.   '88 325is