RE: Subject: chip scum?

Yuri:
Can't speak to your immediate questions, but once you have them solved, =
you may want to have a look at the Jim Conforti chip as an alternative to =
the Superchip.  While I have no experience with the Superchip, I have (as =
have many others on this list) had GREAT experiences with the Jim C. chip =
(he's a BMW performance genius).  I got mine from Turner Motorsport here =
in the U.S. (1-978-388-7769) <www.turnermotorsport.com>.  These guys =
really know their stuff and can probably answer your original questions =
regarding removing the stock chip, or at least offer you a second opinion =
or a cheaper alternative to the one you're currently contemplating.
Regards.
Mike
85 325e
89 535i
83 380SL
Washington, D.C.

On Sep 3, Yuri wrote:
<snip> local chip maker (Superchip) in Australia tells me that the whole =
box
will need 2 b replaced because the ROM chip is soldered onto the PCB
<snip>=20

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.