Re: <E36> Brake circuit fault indicator

It was discussed in a previous post that there was a recall involving brake
light switches on some vehicles.  My dealer says this is true, but of
course, my '94 was not covered.  They said some switches cause an
intermittent erroneous fault indication to be displayed by the OBD, which is
what I have been experiencing.  The brake lights work fine, so it is just a
nuisance.  The solution is to replace the brake light switch -- about an
$85. part.

Greg Williams
gaw@domain.elided
'94 325i