RE: Rotation of the wheels

> I was told that rotating the wheels on the BMW's were not
> recommended due to the type of tire wear patterns the
> suspension places on the tires esp. the front. I am mistaken?

Eric,
	You are correct. BMW booklet also advises against rotation.
	Front wheels are normally wearing out the outside edges of the tires
faster the insides. The rears - the inside edges. Rotating front<->back will
result in a 'nervous' handling car until the tires wear in the new corners
	Having said all that, I still rotate tires on my E30. Autocrossing
accelerates the wear of the tires (particularly the front outside edges).
Without rotations my tires would not last even the puny 20K miles I get out
of AVSi's now.
	It does pay in tire life to rotate the tires. The price you pay is a
temporarily degraded traction for a few hundred miles after the rotation.

hope this helps,
alex