RE: Online Title Searches

I would like to thank everyone that responded off line to my request for
information on using "Carfax" to check title information.  After signing up
with Carfax and checking title on the car I don't think I will be making my
four hour trip.  Give me a day and I will probably change my mind again.

The car was represented as a "California" car on a southern Calif. used car
lot.  In reality Carfax turned up the following: '92 titled in PA., '92
titled in NJ., '96 titled in NY., '96 midwest region auto auction,  '97
titled in Ill., '99 Pacific southwest region auto auction.

Even with all the car's travels it still is tugging at me from a distance.
Red/beige '90 M3,  you all know the feeling.

I just wish there was a way to get more detailed information online and
also a little further back than what looks like a 1990 limitation like Evan
said.

Chris D
'90 M3 "Pipe Dream"
'86 325 248K