1999 323i Questions/StonGuard for Headlights

OK I'm slowly becoming acquainted w/my new E46 323i.

I used to work for the dealer and it used to be easy to find out new features
and cool things the car does.  But now I'm pretty much on my own, as my
salesman for the car was a good friend and he just threw me the keys
(figuring I'd figure everything out on my own).

Here is a short list of those "little tricks" what I've found out.  My
anticipation is that someone knows something else I don't (?) or can add more
to this list.

(1) Flashing the High Beam Stalk after the car shuts off will activate the
headlights for about 40 seconds.  This is kinda cool, if it's dark out and I
need to light my path, I have faith that I won't stumble into something.  I
know about the daytime running lights, but I don't want those "programmed"
on.  They look stupid.

(2) Xenon Headlights have some kind of automatic adjustment - I can't figure
this one out though.  It's incredible, the lights have motors inside the
ellipsoid part of it, and they move up and down every now and again (i.e.
when I'm parked on a hill and I start the car) - it's weird, but what's up
w/it?  Can you adjust these yourself?

(3) Holding down the ^ arrow (to unlock all doors on the key) will roll down
all the windows and open the sunroof - anyway to close all these from the
remote?  i'd rather have that feature from the remote than the roll down one.

(4) The Damn Foglight switch needs to be switched on MANUALLY every time you
turn on your headlights.  It's not a swtich w/a detent in it (like the old
ones) - it's a soft switch.  This really sucks.  Is this an option of the
Xenon lights (i.e. they don't want you to have too many lights on?) or is
this somethign than can be programmed (or perhaps fixed w/an aftermarket
tool?)

(5) The little orange lights underneath the interior light in the front are
supposed to (I assume) softly glow and light up the climate control
area/radio.  Mine aren't bright at all, as a matter of fact they don't do
much.  I know in the E39 5 Series they glow beautfiully, wondering if anyone
thought of switching the lights out of a 5 series.

Oh, and in the interest of keeping my BMW's headlight lenses fresh for many
years to come,(especially w/these expensive Xenon lights) I purcahsed a set
of these StonGuard protective covers.  What I gathered from the StonGuard rep
I spoke with, these are laser cut to fit the exact shape of the lense, and
are put on w/3M Adhesive.  When I asked him if they could be removed, he said
sure, no problem..  I'm a little hesitant on putting anything on these
headlights w/3M Adhesive.  I mean, wouldn't I scratch it removing the 3m
Adhesive?  The idea is to keep them looking good, so I can remove these
suckers and buy new ones if I want.  The only prob is I ordered them already
- - should I send them back or give 'em a try?  I've seen the covers that stick
out (plastic of some sort) for E30's, but never on E36's or E46's.

Thanks..

- -Ted
1999 323i/4 Titanium Silver/Black Leather Sport