Window Regulator - how do you remove it?

I'm trying to replace the window regulator on the front passanger
side door of my 88 325iX.  Bentley makes it sound real easy but
I'm not having any luck getting it out.  I've tried everything to get it
out short of bending the whole thing.  I can't see how it is suppose to
come out with the window and trim in place.

I watch the guy at the auto wrecking yard take it out of a totaled
325 and he had to remove the window trim and window.  He made
quite mess of the door while doing it.  I'm not keen on trying the same
thing.

Can anyone shed some light on the procedure to get the old regulator
assembly out and put the new one it?   Is is possible to just remove the
regulator or do you have to take the entire rig out?

Thanks,
Dave.