Re: Window Regulator - how do you remove it?

Hi Dave,

I replaced my passenger side window regulator a while back. See my web
pages at <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/> for a report. You do have
to take the door trim off (shouldn't be a problem) and you have to have to
remove the window before you can remove the regulator. I looked up against
doing it also, but it really isn't hard. Bentley should be adequate for
instructions.

It is *not* supposed to come out with the window and trim in place. That
would be kinda similar to a surgeon removing your appendix through your
ear. :)

Good luck!

Michiel ('87 325es <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/> )

At 08:25 AM 8/22/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm trying to replace the window regulator on the front passanger
>side door of my 88 325iX.  Bentley makes it sound real easy but
>I'm not having any luck getting it out.  I've tried everything to get it
>out short of bending the whole thing.  I can't see how it is suppose to
>come out with the window and trim in place.
>
>I watch the guy at the auto wrecking yard take it out of a totaled
>325 and he had to remove the window trim and window.  He made
>quite mess of the door while doing it.  I'm not keen on trying the same
>thing.
>
>Can anyone shed some light on the procedure to get the old regulator
>assembly out and put the new one it?   Is is possible to just remove the
>regulator or do you have to take the entire rig out?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1201