Tilt steering wheel kit

I have seen several postings in ref: to a tilt steering wheel kit or parts
etc. for E-36M-3s. I hate to omit it but I really mis this feature which I
always had on my Japanese cars. A BMW rep. at the Ultimate Driving Exp. said
they are not put on the Z's or M3s because you would lose the solid feel /
connection you get through the steering column or performance cars. Can some
of you respond to this? It would be helpful. Is there a kit available for the
M3 or is it a generic upgrade?