RE: E-30 shift linkage problems

> This week I had someone pull out in front of me -- slammed on
> the brakes and impacted left front to his right front at
> maybe 10-15 mph. There was not a whole lot of damage -- about
> $2000 which adds up easily.

Tom,
	You haven't told us anything about the damage to your car...

> My problem is that the shift linkage is now messed up. [...]
> Two thoughts I have -- one is that I may have broken a mount,

...could be either the engine or transmission mounts. Or both. When was the
last time you had either replaced? Have your checked their condition?

> Is there a ring or holder that could be off -- or????

Check with http://www.shortshifter.com/ssdefault.htm
The site has a few pics of shifter assembly and may be a source of
advice/parts.

alex