Re: Cross Country, Southern Route

> Mesa Verde.  We are going in our 85 535i and was wondering the road
> conditions to these places especially to Monument Valley and Mesa
> Verde.  Are the roads paved or gravel?

   Haven't been to Monument Valley is a long while, but the roads into
the Tribual Park to get a closer look at the butts were dirt.   But
easily handled by your 5er.   Just take it slow enough and also out of
respect for Indian land.

   Mesa Verde is all paved roads as are most National Park roads.
The only I know that has many roads where 4wd is mandatory is
Canyonlands, in Utah.

> Also, after Mesa Verde, we
> are going to New Orleans.  Could someone recommend a good route that
> combines nice scenery and interstate?

   Thru Ozarks is western Arkansas.