Seat heaters

This question is about seat heaters.

I have an E23, 1986 735i. The vehicle was NOT fitted with seat heaters as
standard. I live in Australia, so presumably it was not considered cold
enough, but here in Canberra we have just had a week of            -6deg C
to  -8deg C. That's cold enough!

After a bit of investigation I have found that my car does indeed have the
heatering units already built into the seats, only the wiring is missing.

I have a basic wiring diagram which shows the relay and heating unit wires,
etc but I have two problems so far.

There are two input wires to the relay and one to the switches . Does anyone
know what these are and where they come from.

Also the switches.
I have no understanding of the  workings of these switches, ie. do they have
a timer, heat control or what built in, can I use just one to control both
front seats, can I wire up a standard switch instead of the genuine article,
where could I get a genuine one and how much would it cost.

That's more than two questions isn't it, sorry.

Any help would be appreciated, especially a detailed wiring digram of the
switches, relays, etc.

Regards from DownUnder
Trevor Turner
Canberra Australia