Re: What the difference between 92,93,94 E36's ?

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, david wrote:

> I want to buy a 325 is and I was wondering what the differences was
> between  a 92 - 93 and 94.
>
> Which should I buy?

If at all possible, try to get an E36 3er built on or after late 1993.
The earlier cars had a number of persistent, design-related problem
areas. The closer a car was built to the Fall 1991 introduction date,
the worse they get. Every person I have met who had bought a '92 or
earlier model was happy to be rid of it. In one case I know, BMW
Niederlassung Bremen got so tired of constantly fixing a 320i coupe
they bought it back at a loss and gave the customer a '95.

- -John
'96 318is

- --
john.firestone@domain.elided