88 M5 seats, leather

The front seats and console, including the shift boot on my M5 were badly
worn when I bought it.  I took it to a local guy that refurbishes leather
upholstery.  He replaced the leather on a few of the seat panels and redyed
all of the leather in the front.  He did a terrific job.  It looks brand new.
 It cost about $600.00.  Not cheap, but less than replacing it all, I'm sure.

I'm nowhere near Detroit, but I would imagine any reputable shop could do the
same.