Problem, help needed 540i - Schnitzer - BMW

Dear Sirs;
First I would like to say that I enjoy reading your internet site, and I
find it very extensive in content, which is good if you want to be informed.
Anyway, my letter to you today is to seek advise, and also to see if
someone can help me out here.
I bought a BMW 540i here in Australia (see it at
http://www.bobx.com/adventures/brisbane/mobile_office/ ) and ordered with
it the "AC-SCHNITZER" kit, and their "Type 2" 17 inch rims. (you can see
the pictures of the Schnitzer wheels on the car also in the list of pics I
have on my site)
Now, this is what happened, the car was "kinda drivable" , but it had some
bad handling problems:
a. The car was "floating" on the freeway, meaning, if I would go over
some unevenness on the road, (like when the road gets a longitudinal groove
in the direction of travel), the car would sometimes "hop" and would want
to "change lanes" basically.
b. When I hit 220 Kph the steering wheel was SHUDDERING heavily.
Then I had the car aligned by BMW, and also the wheels balanced, but the
problem persisted.
So, I went to a friend's shop here in Brisbane (namely Andrew Chapman, he
built the RX-7's that raced last year in the Tasmanian Targa) and he told
me the following:
a. The alignment is perfect
b. The wheels are well balanced
c. BUT the wheels are not supposed to be put on this car
In the Manufacturer's specs, it lists (for 17 inch diameter), Front
wheels: 8 inch width, and Rear wheels: 9 inch width.
d. The AC-Schnitzer wheels you got are all 4 wheels in 8.5 inch width.
e. And also the tyres, the factory recommends 235x45/17 in the front, and
255x40/17 for the back. and in your Schnitzer wheels, yuo have 235x45/17
all around.
Well ?? This is what I did then.
- - Contacted AC-Schnitzer, and they told me I got the wrong tyres, that they
recommend Bridgestone, but I had the Dunlops, and they also told me that
the wheels work perfect for that car.
- - Contacted BMW, and had a head mechanic at my dealer actually drive the
car on the freeway, and he also noticed the "Floating". But he could not
test it at 220 Kph, because he is not allowed to do so.

What I noticed also is the fact that AC-Schnitzer also sells a "suspension
package" for the 540i (E39 chassis), but my car did not get the
AC-Schnitzer suspension, in fact, I ordered the "M-Sports" suspension from
BMW.
Now, I have PAID 4500 Australian Dollars (about 3000 US dollars) for 4 new
wheels (you can see it on the pictures), with the correct size tyres
And guess what ??
well, judging by this picture:
http://www.bobx.com/adventures/brisbane/mobile_office/SPEED.jpg
THE CAR RUNS PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like a NEW CAR, you guys have no
idea, the change was so dramatic, so I took a "weekend trip" 4000
Kilometers (about 2800 miles or so), and I have never been soooooo happy.
So, now that I paid 3000 bux for this, who is responsible for the messup,
is it AC-Schnitzer for not selling their suspension package "mandatory"
with their wheels, or is it BMW, who does not know what works or not with
their cars ?
thx a lot, any help would be seriously appreciated, to the point of putting
your sticker on my car and doing free advertising HHHHAHHA
thx
Robert Hoffmann
CEO/ServerMasters Corporation.
http://www.servermasters.com