help with oil light on 528e

Hi.  Thanks for all of the help I have received from this list.  Every suggestion has turned out to be helpful.
My newest problem is that my oil light flickers.  It never stays on but it flickers while moving.  When the
car is at a stop light, it usually goes off.  I saw in the electrical troubleshooting manual that it said that the oil pressure sending switch goes open at 0.7-2.5 psi.  That sounds like a
big range of pressures.  I changed the oil and filter yesterday to see if it it would help, but there was no difference.  So my theory is it is either, a bad oil pump, or a bad sending
switch.  I suppose it could be other problems with the engine or electronics that would be causing the light to flicker, but these seemed like the two places to start.  I am also worried
about going on any long rides in case the oil isn't getting distributed to the whole engine.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike Ahern
mahern@domain.elided