Help wanted

- --openmail-part-1bc83b48-00000001

I've got a blown engine in my 1988 528e. (E28M20 SuperETA) All else is
pristine. (which is why I don't want to just scrap it) I have pulled
out the driveline, the 5 speed trany, and everything but the block
(that's this weekend). I bought my own engine stand, have most all the
tools I need, Mr. Bentley, and lots of will, desire and hand soap.

I would like to make a "sleeper" out of the car. I would like to drop
in a '89-93 3.5 engine, trany and diff, if it'll be an easy conversion-
(by buying a wrecked or cheap 535 and parting it out) OR, a higher
output xYear 2.5 engine and hop it up a bit. I have toyed with the idea
of sending either motor to Korman, which shows my intent on making a
sleeper. I'm not gonna race it off-street, I just want something that
will scoot. The car will eventually end up in CA and needs to be
emissions legal. It's in KCK right now. I can probably get 300+ hp out
of a 3.5, 225+ hp on a 2.5, but max of -maybe- 175 hp if I got with a
stock replacement. (2.7)

My question: I would like to be able to "talk" (as in telephone) to
some of the folks out there in digest land, to ask questions, get ideas
of other options, feasibility in the 3.5/2.5 liter conversion, bolt
ups, and to be able to call when I had a new question or idea. (I won't
bug the heck out of you though) It's easier for me to hear someone,
take notes, get another persons comments, etc. than to read tons of
emails looking for the info, and don't want to waste the digest
bandwidth with my project questions at this point. (besides this email.)

If anyone that has the knowledge, time, experience, how-to's, I would
love to be able to call you on my nickel sometime.

Thanks for your time...
Steve Hodson
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Villa/1494/pristine.html

- --openmail-part-1bc83b48-00000001--