850 pre-purchase advice

I'm considering buying a 850 6spd.  I've test driven one (75k miles) and
found the car to be pretty impressive in many respects.  The one flaw I
noticed in the test drive was a slow 1st to 2nd shift - - synchonizer seemed
to be dragging quite a bit -- the other upshifts and downshifts were crisp
and quick -- of course owner said the balky 1st to 2nd shift was "normal".

Anyway, I'd appreciate any info from 850 owners on the Digest, or from
people otherwise knowledgeable about the model, regarding vices and virtues,
etc.

Thanks for your help.

Dick Bergen
bergens@domain.elided