[RACE] Tire temperature

I was curious to know what is the percentage of racers (club racing, la=
p,
autocross etc.) that dial their suspension and other mods by reading th=
temperature of the tires after a run. Is this a common practice or is i=
t only
few people doing this?

Are they using a hand held infrared thermometer after the run or there =
are some
on board ?real time? system that exist (data acquisition??). I know the=
y exist
and they are used in Indy and F1 for tuning but they are certainly very=

expensive. Is there on the market something less expensive that can be =
installed
in the car?

Thanks.
Michel Drainville