Re: Wanted E30 Purchasing Advice

Randy,

A stock 325is should have BBS basket weave wheels, 3 spoke leather wrapped
steering wheel (versus 4 of a 325i), sport seats (better thigh bolsters),
rear deck spoiler & front chin spoiler.  Most also have leather seats.  I
think that's about it for the visual differences between an "i" & "is".  I
notice you're from Victoria (or the island at least).  I talked to a lady
in Victoria that was selling a 1990 325is which was silver, cloth, 165K KM,
power sunroof, OBC, etc.  I didn't take a look as the mileage was too high
for me and she was asking too much ($14K CND).  I ended up buying a 4dr
1990 325i with 75K KM.  I have seen several ads for 325is's in Vancouver.

If you have any further questions, let me know.  I've done my share of
research and probably have asked similar questions as you have.

Steve.