NY Chapter CCA #169822

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:50:30 EDT

Greetings, B-listers,

I'm a new (4 or so hours?) member to this group. I
live in NYC, and own
an
'84 733i, now a bit down on its luck. It suffers from
the dreaded
'heater/AC
switch assembly disease', the engine 'weeps' all kinds
of fluids, and
I'll
soon need a clutch replacement (at least, I believe
the car will.) Can
anyone suggest a principled, competent NYC-area
serviceperson,
well-versed
in BMWs of my vintage? I also need some advice, re:
decent,
decently-priced
parts suppliers; either local or mail order.

I understand that both issues have probably been well
hashed over on
this
list, so off-list responses are extra-cool.

TIA. Peace,
KweYao Agyapon