RE: 85 528e heat through firewall

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, at 19:39:47 -0700 (PDT), Jimmy Chua wrote:

>     I have been experiencing excessive heat coming through the front
wind-shield
>lately. The temperature dial is kept at "Cold" but I can feel the heat
getting
>through the front. Is there a good way to trouble-shoot/ and fix the
problem?

Sounds like your heater control valve has gone bad. Rebuild kits are
available from the dealer, part # 64-11-8-390-132. I'm told
Mercedes-Benz uses the same valve and MB dealers also carry a rebuild
kit for less $$.

See the FAQ at:
http://web2.airmail.net/grills/b_c_g_FAQ/Heat_%26_AC_FAQ.html

Bob Kegel