Re: tire dressing

"Stephen Robinson" <stever@domain.elided> wrote on Wed, 7 Jul 1999 at 00:04:48
- -0600:

this?<<<<

I won't attempt to give you a scientific argument for not using silcon-based
rubber treatments, but the best product I've found so far is a non-silicon
one -- "Vinyl & Rubber Dressing" from Griot's Garage (800.345.5789 or
www.griotsgarage.com).  It's very easy to put on and lasts reasonably well.
Small spray bottles are spendy at $9.95 for 8 oz., but I buy it by the
gallon for $29.95.  They also have a "Rubber Cleaner" I use before applying
the protectant while washing the car.

Greg Williams
Lake Oswego, OR
'94 325i (dreaming of 2001 M3)