[E28] speakers, sound system

Hi there.  I'm looking for some information on what I'll need to do to
replace the sound system on my '88 528e and what, exactly, I should be
doing.  The head unit has got to go - the unfixable static has
outlasted my patience - and I want to know what else should go, too,
since I'm already spending all this money.

So: should I get an amp too, or will the head unit really "replace"
it?  Should I get some of those separate-tweeter speakers (can I,
even?) and replace the ones on the mirrors?  What's the least
dangerous way to get to the rear speakers?  (It seems the seat back
will have to come off, and I can't see how to do that without
unbending the metal bits sticking into the trunk, which I'd rather not
do).  Can I get a sub and just stuff it under the rear seat or
something without risking lawsuits from my female passengers if I play
Crystal Method?

I think I have more questions than I initially thought.  Any of 'em
you can answer, though, please do.

Thanks!

- --
Eric McCoy (emccoy@domain.elided)

"misfortune, n. The kind of fortune that never misses."
	- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary