BMW 89 325i Head Gasket Blown Experience? Also For Sale

Hi Everyone,

My 1989 325i just blew up the headgasket and I will like your opinion on this
one:

How much should I expect to pay for repairing this car and if  you can recommend
 a mechanic
in Bay Area, CA to perform a decent job at a resonable price.  I don't mind
taking this car to
some-one who is a "part time" mechanic. If one of the reader would be interested
 in handling this job,
please contact me.

Also, I would appreciate if you could provide me tips regarding this kind of
repair. If you had this type of
failure before, please let me know  what has been your experience.

If somebody is interested, I may also sell this car. Here are the details.
BMW 325i 4 Door White Sedan
125K Miles
A/C
Sunroof
5 Speed
2 New Tires
Asking $2950
I am the original owner
Everything else is working fine and the car is in good condition.
(In fact, considering the age, the car is in excellent condition, doesn't
have any dents etc This is my primary car)
The car is in San Jose, CA and it could not be driven too far (>20
miles) in the present condition. Also, may or may not pass SMOG test
because of the blown gasket.

If interested, please call at (408) 941 1139 (W) or send me an e-mail at
guptaa@domain.elided

Thanks for your help
Abhijit