'99 528iT and Switchlogic

My wife just got a '99 528iT (sport wagon) with an automatic.  I'm
interested in installing a Switchlogic manual shifting control system -- see
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/switchlo.htm if you're interested.

The folks at Dinan have installed them on pre-OBDII cars, but think that it
will send "transmission out of range" codes to the CPU of an OBDII system.
I didn't realize that OBDII models were different in the US from the rest of
the world.

Does anyone have experience with Switchlogics and OBDII?  I already have
Justin Chen's article on his Switchlogic install from the unofficial bmw
archives, but his car is in Singapore (and therefore, probably not OBDII?).

Thanks,

John

John Huang
'98 M3/4