Re: <E39> Used Certified 5 got painted over.

Most cars are touched up before being put on the yard. It might have just
been from parking scratches, or some one "keyed" it.

Our 325i is gonna have new paint on the front fenders and bonnet - because
someone keyed it... and some stone chips.

The quality of the job varies of course. Yours sounds like it was done quite
well. I've seen jobs where you could see only half the bonnet was painted.
You could use some cutting compound to smooth off the overspray, and nobody
will ever notice.

Remember that guy who sued BMW NA for millions because his car was touched
up before it was sold new.... happens a lot. Maybe the Dealer you purchased
from will clean it up some???

Allan Williams
allanw@domain.elided

3 things you need to know:
  Laughing gas from the dentist can make you do things you normally
wouldn't.
  Cops don't have a sense of humor.
  Handcuffs hurt.