Re: <E39> Used Certified 5 got painted over.

Hi all, I just joined this list.  I recently purchased my first BMW in 20
years.  A 1991 M5 with 86,000 miles.  It is really a great car, all original
and everything works, for now.  Since it was built with the right attitude
from the factory, I don't think I need to do much modifying.  I do all my
own work on cars and this car has some special parts so I have a few
questions.

1) What might be a good service manual to get that covers the M5.
2) What is the deal with the self leveling rear shocks?  The seem to be very
expensive.
3) I assume the power steering pump is also special to go along with the
shocks.
4) What are the weak points for this car?  Water pump, ECM, trans, clutch?
5) Where is a good place to get parts?

I think you all get my drift.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Gary Derian <gderian@domain.elided>