Re: air noise at sunroof

Gary,

Had this same problem on our E28 535i when we got it new back in 1985
<yikes! long time ago>. The solution we found was to leave it in the sun for
about an hour to an hour and a half. It warmed up the sunroof seal and
sealed back up. I've never seen the sunroof on a e36, so it may not be the
same type of system with a rubber gasket all around. But try it, you never
know.

BTW: My 1985 E30 (here in Germany) has a manual sunroof. I use it every
day in the summer The gasket has never been replaced, and not the slightest
noise. Can't say the same for the rear diff...

If anyone (for any reason) replies direct, PLEASE USE: mark@domain.elided

Prost!
Mark

85 318i (with the little wing/micro spoiler thingy painted white)
72 tii (in pieces)
75 '02 (sold)
88 F150 4wd (sold)
John Deere 316