Re: White Oil problems

I've only seen this a couple of times before and it's always been oil polluted with coolant.  The inside of the oil filler cap gets a
white haze on it is the first indication.  You case sounds a bit more advanced.

Pop the radiator cap and check for an oil slick (or low levels).  Could be head gasket or cracked cylinder, but I'd think you'd notice
the cracked cylinder right away.  Either way, lubricating your engine with water probably isn't that good for it.

John Virnig
'97 328is
'86 K100RT