RE: E30 - Hard to reverse shift when cold...

> When I try to shift reverse with my E30-318 when the car is
> cold from an overnight stay, the gears seem to be grinding
> as if I'm not using the clutch... After 3-4 minutes of idling
> or after the first time "grind" the problem disappears. The
> clutch is new with about 15.000 Km. What could be the problem?

Demetre,
	I had a similar problem during winters when living in the North:
engaging 1st or reverse after a freezing night was not fun. As soon as the
gearbox warmed up everything was back to normal.
	Changing the gearbox oil from dinosaur juice to RedLine MTL had been
amazingly effective. If your new clutch is indeed good, I would try swapping
oils. RedLine was about $10 from local (somewhat hard to find) suppliers.
See http://www.redlineoil.com/ for more info.

good luck,
alex