RE: Koni vs. Bilstein

Based on first hand experience, if you ever plan to drive this car on the
street, run do not walk from anyone telling you to put KONI shocks on the
car!

Suspension tuning should be taken, slowly, and one system at a time with the
advise of a very knowledgeable shop, who will walk you through the process.

To a lot more reserach before going down this road!  If this is your first
performance BMW, you might take a look at the car from a systems approach
first.  The single item that will make the most immediate and long lasting
effect on handleing are tires.  I know this sounds simplistic, but
experience bears this out.  Going one inch wider and one inch less of
sidewall will dramatically change handleing (for the better) but with an
comensureate loss in ride quality (less civilized).  Have you considered
upgrading the brakes (Stillen big brake kit and cooling ducts)?  Any car
that is designed to go this fast should also be upgraded to stop as quickly.
The Stillen/Brembo "big brake kit" I put on my E36 made a night and day
difference.

Best of luck!

Robert M. Thomas
Chief Technology Officer
Matrix Direct, Inc.
1615 Murray Canyon Rd., Ste. 910
San Diego, CA. 92108
(619) 682-3410 x2681
(619) 683-3413 (FAX)
"...Quality by Design, not Coincidence..."