(E30) Instrument Cluster Question

My instrument cluster has been exhibiting annoying behavior lately.
Specifically,
the water temperature gauge has a tendency to wander towards the hotter end
of
the scale, and my fuel gauge will occasionally jump around between the
actual
fuel level and pegged all the way over.  Usually, a thump to the dashboard
or a
tap on the gauge will fix the problem, but it has been getting worse.
Obviously
it is an electrical problem.  Any ideas on how to fix it without having to
replace
the entire circuit board?

Thanks in advance,

- -Derek van Veen