Re: AFM Recalibration

My 87 535is is running lean. Idle is rough and car hesitates and lacks proper
power. By substituting all parts in the injection system, I found a computer
(059 style on this model) that is 75% better, but the car still runs better
if the AFM flap is opened slightly manually and the O2 sensor is disconnected.

I have read that recalibrating the AFM spring weaker by one or more notches
will richen the mixture to where the car will run right.

My question is if the O2 sensor is reattached, won't it try to drive the
mixture back too lean by compensating on injector pulse width?  Anyone
recalibrate with success?

Thanks,
Bob