Head unit code...

Hey everyone, I replaced my battery with an aftermarket battery, and of
course my head unit now requires a code.  My father fiddled with it and now
it won't take the code.  I took it to the dealership and they told me I had
to run the car for 65 min. so that it could clear the memory.  Is this true?
I tried it and it didn't work.  Can I just unhook the battery and wait a
little while?  Then hook it back up and enter the code?  Just wondering.  It
is a very quiet car without the radio.

Brent

'94 740i ($7000 new transmission!)

PS - still looking for a '96 328i(s) for less than $20k, if you have one,
you have my email address.