Re: Borbet Wheels

>Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 02:36:23 EDT
>From: Jghiglier@domain.elided
>Subject: Borbet Wheels
>
>Hello,
> I am looking for a new set of wheels for my 1987 325is. I am have
>researched just about all wheel brands, and have narrowed it down to 3
>choices, the TSW Imolas, the Moda M1's and the Borbet Type E. My question
is:
>does anyone know if the Borbet Type E wheels are made in a 16x7.5" size to
>fit my car? Any help and or experience would be very helpful.

Of the three, i would definitely go with the M1's.  IMO, the type E's and
Imolas look like ass on E30's (no offense if someone has them, just my
opinion :o)  Have you looked at the Zagato's?  I have them on my '88 325is
(16x7, ET28, 225/45/16's),  you can see them on my car at
http://www.korman.com/customer_cars.htm

they are pretty heavy, but so are the ones that you are looking at..

jason mccowan
ncc