e30 - service interval battery repair

A belated thank you to those of you who responded on how to repair the
batteries on the service interval board.  I ended up replacing the dead
Ni-Cd with Ni-Mh...I was a little worried because I didn't have a way to
charge the batteries up first...and after re-installing the unit...of course
all the lights were still on...but after several hours, everything went back
to normal...
My biggest problem was thinking that I could remove the batteries and solder
with only a soldering iron...oh well, a quick trip to Radio Shack for solder
sucker fixed that...all in all, not too difficult a repair.  Thanks again.
For anybody else..I copied Rick Kjeldsen's description on how to do the
repair to my www site, and will soon have a few photos of the board and
batteries to put there as well.
John

'95 740i - 52k
'87 325 - 166k ...suspension and chip