Re: Search for 328 continues

On or about 09:04 PM 5/26/99 , the accused, Brent Williams"
<baw2@domain.elided>, expressed that:
Hey, I have a question, how many of you guys own 3 series 325/328 cars with
an automatic transmission?  I was told by 4 different dealers that they
could not sell a 5 speed because no one wanted one.  I mean good grief.
What good is a 3 series with an automatic?  Honey ,will you take the kids to
soccer practice?

Guilty as charged. And no soccer mom here. Matter of fact I'm a single
twenty something guy who loves to drive hard. How's that with an automatic
you ask? Well, it really came down to a matter of convenience I guess. See
I had a '96 VW Jetta GLX (V6 5 speed 172HP)....when it came time to upgrade
to a BMW, I test drove both a stick (yes my dealer had one in '97) and an
automatic and I found that with the better handling and extra HP and extra
power of the inline six it well made up for the stick shift in the
automatic. So when it came time to choose I went for the automatic because
when you're driving a customer around town, or making a lot of cell phone
calls the automatic just is nicer. And when I'm out on the country road I
can drop it into 3 and it will shift much like a stick....though a
Tiptronic ala Audi would be nice *-)

Does that make sense?

		_Mike_ ('97 328i "AU2BAN")

End of bmw-digest V9 #1108