RE: //M Cars -Is there no justice?

Barry Robinson said:

>///M cars aren't the only cars that ///M made parts for.  If I had a 325
with
>complete M3 suspension retrofitted to it, why not wear a badge to show
>there's more to this car than your average 325?

Barry,

I don't know if you took a look at the specs for an M3 recently... but there
are things like the ENGINE that make it different. Not the body panels.
Putting an M3 suspension on your car is fine... even great, but at the end of
the day you still don't have an M... so don't put it on. There was a time a
while back where the M stood for something... that was before every wannabe
racer pulled off his sticker and threw M emblems wherever there was room. I
can't believe everybody is so surprised that the US got screwed on the E36...
this market is more concerned about having that M badge than the car behind
it.

Take off your M badge and you'll have a wolf in sheep's clothing... but don't
pretend you have something that you don't. You cheapen it for those who do.

David Koretz
'93 325i badged appropriately
'97 M3 in a few weeks that will also be badged appropriately... or maybe I'll
keep the 325i sticker and put that on the back <g>