RE: 87 325Is Questions

> My brother just bought a set of 14X7 (I think 30mm offset)
> rims and he is looking for the best tire and size to fit
> his rims (car). What do you guys recommend.

The stock size is 195/65/14. 205/60/14 are a "plus 0" upgrade that fits and
works perfectly.
With 7" wide wheels, you can put up to 225mm wide tires that will fit unless
the car had been lowered. Whatever the width, try to preserve the original
radius of the wheel: http://www.damocles.com/~kronvold/tiresize.html

> Also, he hates the KYB's (gas adjust) on his car and wants to
> replace them with a good set. Any recommendations. Price is a
> factor BTW.

If price is a factor, find Boge's. Otherwise consider Bilstein HDs (for
non-lowered E30) or Bilstein Sports (only with lowered springs). Check out
TMS web site for more info:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/catalog/suspension.htm

have fun,
alex