Re: 1985 325e oil light

Dear Ed,

I had a similar problem with my 1986 325e, coupled with a leaky oil pan.
When I pulled the oil pan off, I decide to clean the oil level switch
(soaked it in gasoline).  There was a lot of crud in the pan, probably due
to a combination of high miles and irregular maintenance by previous owner.
It took a few minutes after I refilled the engine for things to work
correctly again, but I've not had any problems since.

John Hung
Auburn, AL