[WOB] so-called "rice burners" & BMWs

Joe Kramlinger wrote...

>      Two years ago, when i first joined the BMW digest,
>  I was roundly assaulted from all sides on my claim
>  that RX7s could hold their own against E30/E36
>  M3 models, and beat their fair share.  As it turns
>  out, quite a few Digesters are former RX7  pilots
>  (c'mon guys- get out of the closet!)

I do track events in my 1993 RX7.  Unless the driver is better than, which
can easily be the case, I usually have NO problem with any BMW. I do,
however, respect how quick most M3s are and have the creature comforts my
RX7 so sorely lacks. For track speed per dollar, it is tough to beat a
1993-95 RX7.

regards,
Brad

- -- brad barber ... http://home.swbell.net/bradrx7