[WOB] so-called "rice burners" & BMWs

Hmmmm.....
	I watched the first several posts by Jonathan with mild interest, but now this has gone on too far.  Two years ago, when i
first joined the BMW digest, I was roundly assaulted from all sides on my claim that RX7s could hold their own against E30/E36 M3
models, and beat their fair share.  As it turns out, quite a few Digesters are former RX7 pilots (c'mon guys- get out of the
closet!) and there was enough support to give me credibility among the naysayers.  Someone pulled out results from the national
autoX and pointed out two '93 RX7s beat out countless other M3s for positions in the top five.
	However, Jonathan, my dear boy, a 200SX SE-R is not an RX7 and never will be.  You might have fun as a boy racer and beat
your share of 318i models and the sleepy 735il owner; but never, ever in your wildest dreams will you be able to keep up with any
skilled driver at the wheel of an E30 (and newer) 325i or 535i of any vintage.  Anyone you beat is an accident, plain and simple.
Come back with a 200HP+ turbo kit and maybe we'll sing a different tune, kid...  Or trade in the 200SX for a real Nissan, like a
240Z.  The president of a rival fraternity has a modified Sentra SE-R, and I love the look on his face every time my battered RX7
blew him off the road! :)
	Joe Kramlinger
	Rochester, NY
	'90 M30
	'86 Jetta
	'85 528e - parting out
	Her:
	'88 528e
	Gone but not forgotten:
	'88 RX7 Turbo II
	'87 RX7 Sport
	'87 RX7 SE
	'85 RX7 GSL-SE
	'84 RX7 GSL-SE (consistent E30 M3 killer)
	'84 RX7 GSL
	'82 RX7 GSL