RE: [E36] Climate control broken?

Jason,
Your manual has some information on this topic. It sounds like your
controls are working fine. You have both the left and right temp control
dials which work as you would expect. There is also a control dial on the
dash that controls all dash vents (not just the center vent) and is used to
adjust the relative temp of the air between the dash and the floor. This is
explained in the manual. There are certain conditions under which you do
get some strange responses but overall I am pleased with the system (as
compared to my '73 2002 tii).

Bart
'94 325i sport
'73 2002 tii

> I have a 94 325, and the climate control system seems to be broken.
> The knob which is supposed to control the temperature of only the
> center vent seems to be controlling all vents.  No matter whatposition
> I have the left and right climate controls set to, if I set the center
> control to cold, all vents blow out cold air, and if I set it to
>hot,all
> vents blow out hot.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks for any replies, Jason

*********************************
* Bart Hogan                    *
* Institute for Plasma Research *
* University of Maryland        *