Rebuilding a 318 engine from Spare Parts

I am currently started off rebuilding my 318i engine, came across a bunch of
problems (i.e., found a crack in the block at the headbolt holes along with a
worn cam and worn crank journals). Ended up creating a new engine for my out
of a short block from a 75 2002, a head from an 83 320i and my 318i intake
manifold. I had to modify one motor mount. Other than that everything bolts together.

Has anybody ever done this before? Any guesses as to what the compression
ratio might be? '

I'm using late 2002 style ("B") domed pistons.

NOTE: Those of you who have a 318 showing signs of a weak oil pump -- REPLACE
IMMEDIATELY. Can be done with engine in car. Might save you a cam, rockers and
crank journals. I drove mine for nine months with a weak pump, and am paying
for it (cause I trashed all of the above). The oil pump is $115 from Bavarian
AutoSport, and you only need to remove the lower oil pan.

David Wolf
84 318i -- ?2.0 200,000
83 528e -- .27Gm